Omigosh, everyone has been blogging about 'Die For Me' by Amy Plum; comparing the two covers and deciding which of the two they like the best. This is as easy as it gets for me. I absolutely love (and much, much, much) prefer the U.S cover (the one on the right).
Here's why:
-The reflection of the title on the river. It's so eerily beautiful. Also the reflection of the trees.
-How the background is grey and chilling in contrast to the red boat and vivid blue dress.
-How clear and crisp the picture of the stone bridge and surrounding landcape is. I just love it!
I also prefer the cover model on the U.S cover. In the description of the book, I think Kate describes her life as being normal and uneventful. I imagane that's the kind of amazed look she'd be wearing if she was on a strange canal in Paris. To me, the girl on the U.K cover exudes quite an evil attitude.
I'm not a fan of the postitioning of the words 'Amy Plum' on the U.K cover. It is in the centre of the book but it sort of clashes with the positon of the skirt and it looks messy. To me, all of that black flower detailing makes the cover look cluttered and amateur. The colour scheme for the U.S cover resonates better with a title as dark as Die For Me.
Which cover is your favourite?

4 comments:
I think they're both great.
The UK one looks quite romantic and the U.S one looks quite scary and paranormal.
But I think I would be more likely to read this if it had the U.S cover.
I love the English cover the most. I used it for my cover lust post two weeks ago. The colours appeal to me more than the US one. Sorry!
Vivienne-Haha, don't be sorry! :) It's not a horrible cover but I think the other one is a little better x
Thank you :)
This is tough, they are both gorgeous but I'm leaning towards the US version more. I'm a sucker for a dark cover.
Post a Comment