Saturday, 19 June 2010

Glee: The Beginning...Of World Domination!

If High School Musical and 90210 got married and had a baby, it would look a little something like Glee. Ahhh Glee. It makes me happy just saying that beautiful one-syllabled, four-lettered word. Glee. I like love Glee as much as the next person. I love the songs (preferably the fact that it gets real music back in the charts) as well as the plot lines and every increasing tension between Rachel and Finn. I love the unhealthy competitive rivalery and overall zest to become the winners of Regionals. So, when it came to my attention that Headline UK was publishing a line of Glee books, I was thrilled!

On June 9th 2010, it was announced by Tina Jordan of Entertainment Weekly that Little, Brown Books had made a deal with 20th Century Fox to publish a line of official Glee–related books. In the UK, Headline will be taking over this line of books for all of us British fans. These books will be a collaboration of the show's producers and writers and the shows producers have the rights to publish a total of five of them. The first book Glee: The Beginning will be a prequel to the shows Pilot, illustrating life at McKinley High School before the current Glee club. The books will also have a poster inside. A poster!

All great performances deserve a warm-up! Enroll early at McKinley High to find out what went on before New Directions was even a glimmer in Mr Schuester’s eye. When did Rachel first decide Finn was more than just a jock? When did Puck and Quinn start their secret romance? And how did the fledgling Glee Club function without a fearless leader? Hint: It wasn’t exactly a perfect melody. Break out the gold stars and refill the slushies: it’s time to find out what happened to all your favourite characters before the show-mance began. These novels contain additional storylines to those featured in the hit TV show.

Don't they sound fantastic? The first volume will be followed by Glee: The Foreign Exchange due for release in 2011. Now, to be truthful, I do have my doubts. I'm worried these pieces of show choir pie won't be as good as the TV show. Or maybe they'll be better, and I won't want to watch Glee anymore (erm, unlikely) but one thing's for sure. I absolutely can't wait! This is the start of world domination.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGYGODDDDD!!!!!!!! Glee books?!?! Are you serious?!?! I love Glee!! And a poster doesn't sound bad, either....

I am so excited!! This is TOTALLY the start of world domination! :D

september said...

*screams* GLEE!!! I love. A lot. My heart is broken that series 1 is over, but I can't wait to read the books! I'm told I look like Rachel (which is weird because I can't sing at all) and when I was shopping with my friends last week like four people stopped me and asked me if I was in glee... very embarrassing...

www.blacknails-epicfails.blogspot.com

Cate said...

I'm a huggge Glee fan as well. :DDD I'm really interested in seeing how Glee books will pan out- I don't think they'll be as fantastic as the show itself, but I'll definitely still pick them up just to see!

-Ria xo said...

Glee!
I literally screamed inside when I got the email about this!
I cannot *wait* to read them!
-Ria
P.S Team Kurt!
P.P.S Love the first line :)

Unknown said...

I feel like a social outcast. I have never watched an episode of Glee. I am going to have to borrow the boxset from Blockbuster to catch up and find out what on earth this phenomenon is all about.

prophecygirl said...

All I have to say is woohoo!