Published: April 12th 2010 (Harcourt Children's Books)
Maggie Chen was born with ink in her blood. Her journalist father has fired her imagination with the thrill of the newsroom. But now Maggie’s father has been killed, and she is determined to keep their dreams alive by interning at the local newspaper. While assisting on her first story, suspicion of illegal activity falls on Maggie’s father, and she knows she must clear his name. Drawn to Seattle’s Chinatown, what she finds is far from what she expected: secrets, lies, and a connection to the Chinese Exclusion Era. Using all of her newspaper instincts and resources, Maggie is forced to confront her ethnicity—and a family she never knew.
Summary from Goodreads
This cover is gorgeous and the synopsis makes it sound amazing. I'm also very interested in Chinese culture so I'm sure I'll love this one!
This cover is gorgeous and the synopsis makes it sound amazing. I'm also very interested in Chinese culture so I'm sure I'll love this one!

9 comments:
I think the premise sounds absolutely wonderful..Can't wait to read this book . Lovely cover too
What an amazing choiice! I have never heard of this book before thanks for sharing Sasha. This could be great for students studying Chinese culture.
I am planning to read this one. It looks fantastic. Great pick!
Here is my WoW pick.
Oh, it sounds great!
Awesome pick! I read a really interesting review of this over at April's blog you might want to check out if you haven't seen it already. Sounds fab.
This looks like something I would love. Great pick!
Great pick.. A new one for me
This sounds like a great book. Great WoW pick.
Also, I have an award(s) for you!
Sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment