Here we have my very vintage (or just old) Simpons comics. They are extremely awesome and I completely love them! Some include my Episode Guide, Halloween Special and Simpsons Royal. I have admittedly read all of these in the space of about a three hours and just can't seem to get enough. They are the only other way to feed my hungry addiction to the show because as you can see I'm a bit of a fan. Aswell as my box sets, I will never give these babies up! Pure love.
Okay, this will show you my literal dorkness. My hand-me-down Manga book where you basically learn how to draw Manga. I'm not very good but hey-ho it's kind of fun. Next is my Rhyming and Spelling dictionary for the poet and writer within us all. It actually comes in very handy with English homework and I just have to say, I didn't really buy this but it was a gift. It's actually wicked cool but none of my friends have ANY knowledge about my ownership. Last, is my Nintendo DS cheat book. I'm one of those people who reads the end of a book before the beginning because I hate not knowing whats going to happen. I know it's so pointless but not knowing until the end just kills me. So if a DS game is really peeing me off...Simples.
I've had these books for a while now but can't stop loving them. Having read them all atleast three times, these are self-help books for teen girls. They all star Lola Love who has pink hair which makes her instantly cool. They're not hardcore self-help books for people with like major issues, they're just really fun and for anyone who needs an imaginary girl making them a tad happier. They also have super pretty pictures...
What are your favourite non-fiction books?
6 comments:
My favourite non-fiction is Think Pink by Lisa Clark and How to draw Manga! Same as you. I love drawing manga, it's my passion ;)
Molly x
http://onehundred-x.blogspot.com
(I have challenged myself to do 100 things I've always wanted to do in 365 days)
Great post!
I have a think for non-fiction too, mostly TV/film guides. My favourites are my Buffy episode guides/graphic novels etc...
I also like Vampire encyclopedias. :)
Aw, cute collection you have there! Nice, Nintendo DS cheats - I'm with you on that one!
Emidy
from Une Parole
I have Think Pink and beautylicious too :) I think they are great books! I also have a few books on how to draw manga too - I adore it! I also have several volumes of manga ^^
This is so much fun. Favourite non-fiction? hmmm... I hardly ever buy non-fiction. I do like craft books. I like making things like jewellery.
I don't read a lot of non-fic. I have a few books that I needed for uni. The coolest is probably The Lure of the Vampire: Gender, Fiction and Fandom from Bram Stoker to Buffy by Milly Williamson, and I will read this properly one day! I also have a writing for teenagers book, an oooold book that looks into YA fiction from years back, Disturbing the Universe: Power and Repression in Adolescent Fiction by Roberta Trites. Both this book, and the vampire book were used when I had an assignment on the Twilight saga.
However, my most favourite book is one I bought for myself. I'm a red-head, and have had various comments made to me over the years because of it. The book is The Roots of Desire: The Myth, Meaning and Sexual Power of Red Hair by Marion Roach. It was so interesting; science, art, theatre, mythology, and beliefs from years back. Such an amazing book. I love it! (And it makes me feel that little bit more confident, haha!)
Post a Comment