Friday, 22 January 2010

Princess For Hire: UK or US?

I was browsing on Amazon when I came across two covers for Princess for Hire by Lindsey Leavitt. I, myself, am very excited to read this and I am also including it in the 2010 Debut Author Challenge.





















US Hardback/UK Paperback
 Which of the two do you prefer. For me it is definitely the hardback copy. When I first saw it, I thought the Paperback copy was a tween book for a much younger audience. I'm also not really sure what a bath has got to do with being a princess. I think they could've princessed it up a bit. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

12 comments:

Nina said...

I totally dig the hardback cover! The paperback looks like a book for tweens. :)

YA Book Queen said...

I definitely agree with Nina. The hardback looks more YA.

Bookalicious Ramblings said...

I don't think this is a case of HB vs PB, but more like US vs UK cover. Personally I prefer the US (left), but I've preordered the UK one because it was like three times cheaper. I really prefer the US one though!

prophecygirl said...

I prefer the US hardcover!

Amber Kirk-Ford said...

I prefer the hardback copy best. When I first saw the one on the right on Amazon I thought it looked more suited to 8 year olds lol! I'll definately be ordering PFH though, it sounds cool. :D

Emma Michaels said...

US Hardcover! It is so adorable and much more adult oriented. At least if I were in a bookstore trying to decide what to buy the Us Hardcover would be a yes and the paper back would be looked right over.

Adriana said...

The hardcover for sure. I really don't get the bathtub in the paperback cover.

Charlotte said...

I like the hardcover better. Like you said, I think the paperback one gives it a younger feel.

I read this book for work last year, and the bathtub is actually where the story starts. So it really means something, although I understand why you don't get it right now ! ;)

Luisa at Chicklish said...

Yeah, it is US/UK. I think both fit the book, and I love the bubbles on the UK one! (And hey, the UK one is out first, too! Not long now...) :)

Lauren said...

I like both, but the US one has the edge for me because it looks slightly older (and has a sweetie necklace on the front - love those). I'd probably buy the UK one anyway though.

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

Agree completely that the one on the right looks more for tweens. The hardcover looks much more sophisticated and something I would read. :)

Anonymous said...

That's what I thought when I started reading this post. I just think the hardback is so much more YA-like and I love the colours ^D^ Not that this is a bad thing, but the paperback to me looks tween - like you said - and a bit like Lisa Clark's 'Lola Love' books. Can't wait for this book though! xoxo